Peterborough Golf & Country Club
Scorecard
Golf Facility Hours
Leagues, Lessons, Clinics & Junior Golf
Tournaments
Peterborough Weather
menubar

The Golf Course

Stanley Thompson, the premier golf course architect of the 1920's and holder of the course record at the PETERBOROUGH GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB, was engaged, 1929 - 1931 to design an 18 hole layout.

The original 6,300 yeard course had all the Thompson trademarks for strategic golf.  The bunkers were directional, and the mounds (mimicking the Peterborough Drumlins) deflected errant balls.  The golf club hill was echoed in the grass and sand bunkers, and the course snaked its way along the Trent Canal in Classic links style.

Except for minor changes, the layout of the course remained virtually unchanged until 1990 when the Club added a new 4th, 5th  and 6th hole to replace the three holes sold to a condominium developer in order to pay for major irrigation and drainage systems and add other course improvements.

Further to a complete course review, in April, 2006 Ian Andrew, now of Ian Andrew Golf Design Inc. was approached to update the Long Range Master Plan from 1997, considering aesthetics, playability, design changes and 'errant shot' issues which have since arisen.  This work was completed in 2007 and the course has now been the home to many charitable events, tournaments and friendly competition. In 2010, were pleased to announce that were holding the Junior Masters and many more memorable, cherished events to keep our history going.

CLICK HERE to access our Golf Memberships.